Upgrade Now... Or Wait?

Miscellaneous Forums/General Discussion/Upgrade Now... Or Wait?

The forum is locked. These are the original blitzbasic.com forums, kept so they can still be read. No new topics, replies or edits can be made here. To join in, head over to the Blitz3D+ forums.

My plan is to get a Core Duo 6300 and this motherboard. This board takes your existing AGP card but also has a PCI-E slot, and it also takes existing DDR memory as well as providing DDR2 slots to upgrade later -- gets good reviews as an intermediate measure and it's cheap too.

I'll upgrade to a PCI-E card when I'm ready, upgrade the RAM to DDR2 when when I'm ready, then finally go for a full PCI-E motherboard at my leisure. (There are minor speed limitations on the PCI-E and DDR2 memory, but it seems like a great upgrade path to Core Duo/PCI-E if you're on a budget or don't want to fully commit yet.)